Saturday, June 4, 2022

The Journey of Possessions and a Thousand Stairs

It's Saturday morning in the Valley of the Sun. Or just "The Valley" as they call it here. My shit came yesterday. Most of it. Some glassware and two Ikea type tables did not make it. Some of my stuff, like my 65 inch TV got stuck in my son's storage. No biggie. We have two others  Cable comes tomorrow for internet, although some of our devices, like this HP Google Chrome laptop of my son Ben, work. 

My intent was to play Sat-9 today. But, I can't figure out how to copy questions. So when Ben returns, Ill figure it out. But by Monday, my desktop should be set up. While I have my iPods, it's not the same, but for me, certainly a must. It's still hard to believe all 55 years of recording sessions are on two small iPods.

Ben's away this weekend. I was suppose to have his car, but I couldn't find the keys. Typical, no? But, I had a nasty fall yesterday. I didn't realize I had sprained my ankle until I got up to pee at 3AM. Holy shit! I was in pain! I grabbed a bag of ice from my brand new fridge. Iced it till I awake after 8AM. So, since it's my right ankle, driving would have been problematical, anyway. Sunday night I'll Uber to the single's meeting. I am more interested in meeting single guys, first. I spoke with The Queen yesterday and I said that while I want to meet women, I first want to learn the lay of the land.

There's a lot to learn. Everything is different here. Pot stores are in such competition that it's inexpensive, by 50%!! As compare to Massachusetts, anyway. Where I was in Connecticut, it was legal but we still had no stores. So I bought from a guy who charged about the same as here, and even delivered. A friend of a friend of my son James, he was great the last four years. The medical pot in CT is so expensive that I gave up my license to buy it after 2 years. 

Liquor is the same. A 1.75 of Kettle One (I consider it the world's best) in CT or Mass is $52.99. I bought (shockingly) a 1.75 here for $36,99. I will save. Smirnoff was $19.99 in New England. Ill be interested to see the price here. 

I have not met a soul here. But that should change tomorrow. But once my car is here and my new house is set up, I'll start knocking on doors. My car will be here on Monday. It wasn't until my stuff was here that it felt like my new house! One level! I had a slit-level which means a thousand stairs a day. My house is an open concept, which means my living room, dinning are and kitchen share the space. Everything now is steps away as compared to the aforementioned thousand stairs.

That's about it. I slept in my own bed although my sheets are in storage. I ordered new sheets & a new mattress pad. I'll get it tomorrow. Today I'll even cook for the first time. Dinner though, will be Grubhub. Instead of 5 choices, there are hundreds! I'm in the fourth biggest city in the country. The city that I live in is part of Phoenix metro but has  250 K here and a downtown of free parking and 45 bars and nightclubs. I haven't even been downtown yet. Okay, my buds, see you soon. Same time. Same blog.

-30-


2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness...so sorry about your ankle! I hope you feel better soon. Have fun at the singles event. Hope you meet some friends. Glad everything is coming together there with your things. Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your fall. Have fun at the event!!

    ReplyDelete