1) This song tells the story of a man who has made a career in radio. How many professions have you worked in? Five major ones, of which radio was one. Hotel, Furniture, Video and Liquor were the others with liquor longest after radio.
1. What would you like people to know about your mother? For a woman who didn't particularly want children, while flawed, she did a remarkably good job.
2. What would you like people to know about your father? My dad was my best friend. He had a wicked sense of humor and fun. Before my stupid and ill-fated 3rd marriage, my dad and I went out at least weekly while he sang at piano bars.
3. What was your childhood bedroom like? It was paneled. I had a bunch of sports pennants up till high school.
4. What was your favorite activity as a child? Playing doctor with the girl next door.
5. What was high school like for you? I was the ringleader of WTIT which had 5 main guys and another 5 who were more social than pivotal. We had parties all the time. Those were the days, my friend.
6. Write about your cousins. Nice people. Those I know.
7. What was your favorite food as a child? Steak.
8. What was your most memorable birthday? My 40th. I was newly single and dating a lot of women. My dad told me to enjoy my 40s cuz they were the best. He was right in that regard.
9. What world events were significant to you as a child? JFK's, RFK's and MLK's assignations.
10. What did a typical day look like as a child? Bought the same as now. Sun came up around 6...
11. Write about your grandparents. I only knew one well. My mom's mom was widowed young and raised six kids then raised four grandchildren (my cousins). The best woman.
12. Did you move as a child? Only once when I was 7.
13. Who taught you to drive? My dad.
14. Which job has been your favorite? Morning DJ.
15. What was the best part of your 30s? I was wealthy and raised my kids. Great years! (But I learned far more from the lean years that followed)
1. What's something you've recently accomplished solo? At 70 I moved from New England to Arizona. I think that qualifies.
2. What's one product you use that never ever fails? I'll go with Dawn.
3. Have you found your place in the world? Where is it? Apparently it's in Phoenix.
4. Worst movie you ever saw? The first three-Star Wars films sucked moose.
5. What's the last fun thing you did? I hit a bar with good people.
6. What's your favorite Italian dish? I like Italian, but it does not agree with me. Mama Grillo's meatballs were the best!
7. Have you ever been to France? Any desire to visit there, and if so what would site or city would you most want to see? No, but both my daughter & granddaughter have spent time there, if that counts.
8. Have you ever been to Disney, any of the parks at all? Are you a Disney superfan or something less than that? They're open right now so tell us, would you go if you had the time/money/a free trip? Not at gunpoint.
9. Your favorite place to go when you want to be quiet as a church mouse? Would those who know you well describe you as more church mouse or perhaps more like mighty mouse? They'd say "mighty" but they might not be right...
10. Do you bake your own bread? Last time you had hot out-of-the-oven homemade bread? What's your favorite kind of bread? Ha
11. What's something you might say is 'the greatest thing since sliced bread'? A great blowjob.
12. Share with us five little things you're grateful for today. Small blessings. One catch-they all must start with the letter T. Tuck tou.
13. Tell us where you were and something about what life was like when you were 20- 21.I got my first full time radio job. And I got married for the first of three bad choices...
14. What's on the menu at your house this week? Grubhub.
15.Something you recently purchased where a coupon was involved? Do you regularly shop with coupons? Ha, what is a coupon?
So, I worry enough to call the fucker the next day. His wife answers, so I asked for him. She asks who I am, and I answer...then wait...and...wait... finally HIM gets on the phone and I ask if I had the day or time wrong. He responds that he should have called me. It was his "mold dilemma". Oh. That must have knocked out his phone line. Holy shit! How rude can you be? He ends by saying he'll call after the mold thing is over. I said, "Do that".
I drove for the first time yesterday! I was a bit apprehensive, not only because of my ankle, but also I am not familiar with how traffic works here. I bopped around for a couple of hours, but was always withing 10 or so miles from my house. I am in my studio as I write this, but it's still mostly Ben's bedroom.
Ben's wife, Maria, and 11-year-old Zoey will arrive on Thursday! Ben rented them a house because their house is being renovated. I'm guessing they will be there a month. I don't get the rest of my stuff that was accidentally put into storage with all of Ben's stuff, until they move in their new home. But I'm just fine.
I'm getting contacted by women on Match, but I haven't done anything yet. I'm in no rush. I still have appointments with two doctors to review my ankle. Plus, it's summer. When it's 107 every day, people tend to stay in. I don't mind the heat at all. Today I've got a few errands to run, so I'll be out and about again.
1. If you could live in a house shaped like anything what would it be? I'll sy a Hobbit house. Not that I'd like to live on the side of a fucking hill, but the answer allows me to move on.
2. What do you think is in outer space? Captain Kirk, Mr. Spock & Dr. McCoy.
3. Where is the most wonderful place you’ve ever been? St. Martin.
4. If you were invisible for a day, what would you do? Find Jill Hennessy.
5. What is the worst smell in the world? Nope. I won't go there. Even hedonists have limits.
6. If you could, what animal would you be? I got asked this in an interview. I responded, "An eagle so I could fly away from this interview. I got the job. It sucked.
7. What is the greatest thing ever invented? 331/3 record album.
8. What is your favorite word? Why? Fuck. Fuck if I know why.
9. Who is someone in history that you’d like to be friends with? Why? JFK for the babes.
10. If your pet could talk, what would it say? My pet is a picture of a dog. Woof?
11. Were there dinosaurs on Noah’s ark? How does Santa get down that chimney? Your turn.
12. What makes you cry? Bad memes.
13. Have you ever played a joke on someone? What was it? No never. I am not a funny personality.
14. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever had to do? Moving four thousand miles. But it will be the best, too.
15. What is the most important appliance in your house? Refrigerator. Need ice for Smirnoff...
Saturday 9: Yesterday (1965)
Chosen because June 18 is Paul McCartney's 80th birthday.
So I didn't just hurt my ankle I broke my ankle it. So here I am in a goddamn boot! So, no singles club. In fact I haven't been able to do much. It SOOOOOOOOO frustrating having my car arrive and I can't go anywhere. I love my new house. I;ll be back when there's action to report!