Saturday, October 19, 2013

It Was a Year Ago This Weekend

1) What room are you in? When I’m on my computer, I’m always in the WTIT Studio.

2) Can you solve a rubix cube? Yes. You throw it away and do something that’s more important, like taking a nap.

3) Are you psychic in any way? I knew you’d ask me that.

4) What star sign are you? Scorpio. Now you can tell me that you figured that. I never understood why anyone thinks this is important. You’d be better off talking to my wife. She’s very spiritual. I’m not so much, the Catholic church cured me of any reason to waste my time figuring out why we’re here. I’d rather write comedy and leave the rest for those who get something out of it.

5) What's your favorite color? Really?

6) What's your lucky number? 3. I was born on the 3rd day of November. I was one of 3 children. The 3 children were born 3 years apart. I am the oldest. I graduated high school (Kingswood) on June 3rd. I graduated college (Emerson College, Boston) on June 3rd. I am one of 3 in my family with the same name, I’m a “Jr.” My son Ben is the 3rd. He was born on May 3rd. I have always loved the Yankees. The most famous Yankee, and all time the best baseball player, was Babe Ruth. He wore number 3. I have been married and divorced twice. Kathy is my third wife. It was the charm. Tomorrow is our first wedding anniversary. We were married at 3:33 PM.

 7) Do you have any chores that should be done now? I should be working on my book. Perhaps after I post this. I’m still recovering from my 10th back surgery. No chores this week.

8) Did you have a cherished childhood teddy bear or other toy? Just the WTIT Studio. I was 15 when WTIT began. I don’t remember ever not having a radio studio in my home. I just counted, this is the 15th studio.

9) What was the last thing you bought from a vending machine? A Diet Coke.

10) What shoe size are you? The last time I answered this my date said, “that explains it”. To this day I have no idea what she meant. She was the only woman who sent me flowers. Weird since I think we dated three weeks.

11) How many pairs of shoes do you own? 4 or 5.

12) If you were prime minister/ruler of the world what laws would you make? The people in any country should have the exact medical insurance that their rulers get.

13) If you were a super hero what powers would you have? If it would just fix my back, that would seal the deal.

14) and what would your hero name be? Budman.

15) and what outfit would you wear? See the pic on the top of this post.

16) What was your last dream about? Going back to radio. I have thought of that a lot, but it will not happen.

17) What would you do if you won the lottery? Buy a radio station.

18) Would you like to build/design your own house? No. I’ve done that. Once was enough.

19) Which form of public transport do you prefer? I miss Hamied, who was my taxi driver for years. The last I saw him was when he drove me to a bar to meet Kathy in early 2010.

21) Can you juggle? I never get sick of a question such as this. And what happened to question 20? I got asked this alot. It's hard enough to steal the meme, correcting it is crazy work...

I think the job Gal does with Saturday 9 is fabulous. Her spin and effort has it much more interesting that anything I did with it. I feel the same way about Stealing. The memes Allison finds are a hell of a lot better than mine were. The fact that I last hosted those blogs over a year ago and they never missed a beat. I believe we are celebrating a year of marriage this weekend is very cool. The time went by so quickly. I wish the Tea Baggers would all go back under the rock from which they emerged. I wish Obama could make a fucking decision. Our government is embarrassing. “Liberal” is a great word. I don’t care what anything in The Bible means. It was written by a generation that thought horses were the best mode of transportation. I wonder how much music John Lennon would have given us. I still miss him. I love Paul McCartney, but I think he’s a bit over exposed these days. I haven’t heard anything but the title on his new CD “New”. At least he didn’t continue his American Standards the way Rod did. But a guy in his 70s, with the greatest rock career ever, is still rather irrelevant. Brian Wilson got Al Jardine and Jeff Beck in his new band. The reviews were unbelievable. Meanwhile, Mike Love gets the Beach Boys name. Without Brian, it’s a joke. Enjoy your weekend. Peace & love.


Your bud,

Bud

10 comments:

  1. Naps are very important. My boss should let me take a nap at work. I would be much more productive!

    http://www.momentsofintrospection.com/2013/10/sunday-stealing-random-randomness-part-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the rant at the end. Spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary to you and Kathy! This may not be the appropriate time to mention this (and I have been known to be a say-the-wrong-thing gal), but I missed one of your wives. I mean, how did you slip an entire marriage passed me?

    I hope now the Tea Party will quit fucking around with the economy (I can't afford a 401k setback at this sensitive stage of my life) and go back to the really important stuff they're good at -- like fighting in the pretend War on Christmas.

    I miss John a lot, too. In addition to wondering about the music, I imagine how he'd adapt to social media. I bet he'd embrace it and a prolific blogger and a hit on Twitter. As far as his lordship and "New" go, I'm channeling Carole King and the 50s girl group, The Cookies: "Don't say nothing bad about my baby." I love that he's working with Mark Ronson, et al, and open to new influences. As far as his age goes -- reminds me of Redford talking about his new movie, where at 75+ he's carrying the show. Redford said, "I wanted to see if I could still do it." I find that enormously touching and as an old broad, admire it in Paul, too.

    Thanks for the kudos. (I wanted to make you proud.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't get me wrong Paul's albums are stil good, but unlike George, he creates few challenges. George put together The Traveling Willburys, Paul had Wings. As the marriage question goes, it was the second that I don't talk about. It was short (three years) and in the 90s. A blip on the screen.

      Delete
  4. I loved this, especially the little rant at the end. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your rant at the end - I think that John Lennon would have made so much more awesome music. Imagine is one of my favorite songs. Wondering how it was being a Yankees fan at Emerson. LOL I heart Boston, it's my hometown. Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just getting back to SS after a year or two away. Nice to catch up on what's been going on with you. Love that some things never change. lol And congratulations to you and Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy crap that was a rant. Now I forgot what I was going to say.

    Oh, be real, you really knew that question was coming because it has been asked on multiple occasions. Next week comes the question about the deserted island...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rant on, but seriously, can you juggle? ;-)

    ReplyDelete