Thanks to Cat for recommending Katy Perry
1) As she sings about her night in Las Vegas, Katy wonders if she "got hitched last night dressed up like Elvis." Tell us about the last wedding you attended. It was my own. Kathy and met at a disco where I headlined (as a DJ) for three years. Our back yard borders a state park. We got married I our backyard with the most beautiful fall colors that you could imagine. Every thing went well from the caterer to the entertainment.
2) Whenever Crazy Sam visits Las Vegas, she stays at the Paris Hotel and Casino. Have you ever been to Las Vegas, Nevada? What about Paris, France? Yes to Vegas, no to France, not even in my underpants.
3) Do you enjoy gambling? Have you had any success at it? At a time I did. Everyone has success on some level, but the house always wins. Gamblers choose to only remember the winning. It’s been a long time since I sat at a blackjack table. My son’s stag party was in Vegas nearly seven years ago. That was the last time that I gambled.
4) Las Vegas is served by the RTC Bus Service and the Vegas Monorail System connects many of casinos on The Strip. When was the last time you rode a bus or a train? My son Ben and I rode a train from New Haven to Yankee Stadium a couple of weeks ago.
5) It's not unusual for the mercury to hit 100º in Vegas in August. Which are you more comfortable in -- extreme heat or bone-chilling cold? I’ll go with the heat, but both suck moose.
6) As a little girl, Katy Perry sang nothing but gospel. Do you remember any church songs from your childhood? Thank god, no.
7) She made her film debut as the voice of Smurfette in The Smurfs (2011). Who is your all-time favorite cartoon character? Fred Flintstone.
8) Do you consider yourself a picky eater? A bit, yes.
9) You receive an invitation to a party that starts at 7:00 PM. When will you arrive? I’d arrive between 8-8:30, unless it’s a dinner thing. In that case 7 PM.
|1976 Standing from left: Johnnie Walker, Bud Weiser, Ken Kolt & Galloping Gary. |
Seated: Gregarious Greg, Teddy Q & Bouncing Billy.
In two weeks we do our next recording session at WTIT. I always look forward to them, but this one is special. One of the original five, who left WTIT in 1985, is returning. We met at a bar last week and he said he’d like to return. So along with the current group, I asked another DJ (that just comes to our reunions every 10 years) if he’d like to join us as well. He said yes. So along with Johnnie Walker and me, will be Bouncing Billy (last heard in 1985) and Gregarious Greg (last heard in 2007) will have at it. The last time the four of us recorded together was in 1974. Our last picture together was in 1976, but we did not record that night. Rock Rolling and The Midnight Plowboy (current DJs) are not confirmed yet. Peace & love.