Saturday, July 20, 2013

I Shoulda Stuck to "Yes or No"

1) The best-selling Beach Boys album of all time is this two disc greatest hits compilation. Do you have favorite Beach Boys song? “God Only Knows”. This is not a great version, but adding Paul? I had to do it for The Gal.

 2) The original members of the group were the Wilson brothers, their cousin Mike and a friend from the neighborhood. Have you ever worked with a family member? As a kid I worked in some of my dad’s hotels. Between radio years, I owned a motel with him and was GM of another. My brother is president of the company that I presently work for. Although, he’s in Boston and I’m in Western Massachusetts, so it’s not like we run into one another.

3) Originally released in the mid-1970s, Endless Summer was one of the first fast-selling albums sold on TV. Have you ever picked up the phone and purchased anything directly from TV? In the 80s Time-Life released a series of oldies albums with what we’d now call remastered songs. They were fantastic and I’ve still have them. When the world switched to mp3s, most of those albums cuts were better than the ones you’d get off napster. So I recorded them directly to my Sony Vaio computer.

4) The Beach Boys are very popular in Australia. Have you ever been Down Under? Is this a sex question? I thought those stopped when I left Sat-9.

5) Actor John Stamos played bongos on the Beach Boys' hit, "Kokomo." In his younger days, Stamos was Blackie on the daytime drama, General Hospital. Have you ever followed a soap opera? Just the primetime ones. I think I saw every “Dallas” episode. Remember the summer of “Who Shot JR?” Nowadays, it would have leaked. I started watching the new version on TNT. It’s just as stupid, but now with Larry Hagman’s passing, I haven’t a clue if they will survive the ratings.

6) Many Beach Boys songs revolve around the surf. How are you on a surf board? No, never have I tried. I can barely walk on flat ground.

7) Would you prefer summer to be endless? Or do you enjoy the changing seasons? In my perfect world, we’d have a long spring that followed the eight days of winter we got from 12-24 thru 12-30. New Year’s Eve would be the start of a spring that ended May 1st. We’d have summer until the World Series was thru in November. Then after a brief fall, we’d be back at The Eight Days of Winter. What’s that you say? I shoulda just said yes or no?

8) Do your summer 2013 plans include a trip to a waterpark? I’m not sure. My older grandkids are spending a weekend here in August. Kathy and I haven’t completed the agenda.

9) Describe your swimsuit. It’s blue, or to remind you whose blog you are reading: It’s a blue job.

Enjoy your July weekend. We will return. Be there!

12 comments:

  1. I wish that there was a way to rip my album collection on to my iPod. My album are just sitting there collecting dust and I don't even have a turntable that works anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd explain how, but the lack of a TT kinda ruins it...

      Delete
    2. Diana, you can have this done. We have my father-in-law's machine, made by Crosley, that will take records or tapes and put them on a CD, and Beast says it may be possible to use the headphone jack to go directly to iPod with the right kind of cable. They are pricey, but if you have a good-sized record collection you'd like to move over it might be worth it. It even takes 78s! I'd offer to do it for you, but there's the whole, uhm, distance thing. ;-)

      Alternatively, there are businesses that will do this for you, for a fee.

      Delete
  2. I have to disagree about the long summer with a short autumn. Although I agree with the 8 days of winter, long spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as winter is 8 days, I'm flexible...

      Delete
  3. I lived in Houston during the "Who Shot J.R.?" summer. The whole state went crazed and it was somehow inserted into every conversation. It seems like they tried to re-create frenzy this past season of the new series in working through the death of Larry Hagman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I concur It's sadder, knowing he's really dead. No shower scene....

      Delete
  4. I thought the same thing about the down under question. Sure do miss Thom..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Bud, thank you! I hadn't seen/heard that one! And you know how exciting it is to discover new Beatles! You just COMPLETELY made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've missed your calling: you should totally be in charge of the weather! :-) Honestly? All your answers made me laugh or at least smile.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete