3) Originally released in the mid-1970s, Endless Summer was one of the first fast-selling albums sold on TV. Have you ever picked up the phone and purchased anything directly from TV? In the 80s Time-Life released a series of oldies albums with what we’d now call remastered songs. They were fantastic and I’ve still have them. When the world switched to mp3s, most of those albums cuts were better than the ones you’d get off napster. So I recorded them directly to my Sony Vaio computer.
4) The Beach Boys are very popular in Australia. Have you ever been Down Under? Is this a sex question? I thought those stopped when I left Sat-9.
5) Actor John Stamos played bongos on the Beach Boys' hit, "Kokomo." In his younger days, Stamos was Blackie on the daytime drama, General Hospital. Have you ever followed a soap opera? Just the primetime ones. I think I saw every “Dallas” episode. Remember the summer of “Who Shot JR?” Nowadays, it would have leaked. I started watching the new version on TNT. It’s just as stupid, but now with Larry Hagman’s passing, I haven’t a clue if they will survive the ratings.
6) Many Beach Boys songs revolve around the surf. How are you on a surf board? No, never have I tried. I can barely walk on flat ground.
7) Would you prefer summer to be endless? Or do you enjoy the changing seasons? In my perfect world, we’d have a long spring that followed the eight days of winter we got from 12-24 thru 12-30. New Year’s Eve would be the start of a spring that ended May 1st. We’d have summer until the World Series was thru in November. Then after a brief fall, we’d be back at The Eight Days of Winter. What’s that you say? I shoulda just said yes or no?
8) Do your summer 2013 plans include a trip to a waterpark? I’m not sure. My older grandkids are spending a weekend here in August. Kathy and I haven’t completed the agenda.
9) Describe your swimsuit. It’s blue, or to remind you whose blog you are reading: It’s a blue job.
Enjoy your July weekend. We will return. Be there!