Sunday, July 7, 2013

But I Kinda Like The Beatles

Sunday Stealing: The Wackadoo Meme, Part One

The hand signs are from the deaf alphabet. F. U.
1.] What age is your youngest aunt? Living or dead?

2.] Do you miss someone right now? I always miss my kids. The closest lives 2 hours away, the furthest is 3000 miles away.

3.] What can you see North West to you? I thought North West was a fucktardian name.

4.] Do you like bowling? As something I do once a decade, it’s not bad. A couple of years ago Kathy and went with my daughter Heather and my grandkids Lauren and Lindsay.
 
5.] Can you pronounce Italian words? VĂ  a farti fottere!

6.] Do you prefer black or beige coloured jackets? I am very excited to see how others respond to this! (I’ll know everyone SO much better.)

7.] Do you own a hoodie? Nope. I live in New England. No one but Bill Belichick may wear one.

8.] Do you like roasting marshmallows on a bonfire? What brand?

9.] Do you like cheesy puffs? When I used to snack I did. But it has probably been 20 years since I’ve done them.

10.] What's your name without vowels? I’ve got 50 bucks for anyone who can explain this question’s cosmic significance.

11.] How many layers of clothing are you wearing? It’s 90 degrees in July, so seven. I’m still trying to sweat off my Thanksgiving dinner.

12.] When was the last time you got a take away? What did you have? I don’t know much about hockey.

13.] If you could climb any mountain or range which would you choose? To jump off.

14.] Do you alphabetically arrange anything in your room? What? My LP collection.

15.] Have you ever visited fat-pie [dot] [com]? No. But I've never been to Spain either, but I kinda like the Beatles.

16.] Do you prefer sweet or sour fruits? Move right along here, folks. There’s nothing to see.

17.] Do you like Flo Rida? Which song of his? No. I like Conn Necticut.

18.] How are your dancing skills? I’m a regular John Ravolta.

19.] What is your favorite number? 3. I’m one of three children born three years apart. I was born on the 3rd. I graduated high school on June 3rd. I graduated college on June 3rd. I’ve been married 3 times. My son who is Bernard III was born on May 3rd. Kathy & I therefore got married at 3:33 PM.

20.] Describe your best friend to me? I really don’t have just one best friend. I have at times. Now it’s a toss up between Harvey Wallbanger and Johnnie Walker.

21.] What is your favorite alcoholic drink? Smirnoff. Shaken, not stirred.

22.] Do you do any sports or have you done any sport professionally? The furthest I got was playing high school football.

23.] What is your ringtone? This is SO ‘00s.

24.] Do you like chilli flavoured chips/crisps? This is where Jimmy Hoffa is buried. Oops, sorry. That was Gal’s Saturday 9. This is the Kwizgiver meme.

25.] Do you curl or straighten your hair? You know guys play here, too.

26.] What's the nicest smell of shampoo? What I said on the last question.

27.] What smell turns you on? How about turns you off? I love the smell of napalm in the morning. Turns me off? You can’t handle the truth.

28.] Who's your favorite comedian? Louis Black. No one else is close.

29.] RnB or Reggae? Who the fuck says I have to choose? Oh righ, I did decided to do this meme. I’ll go with R&B. I like reggae, but I love the Tops, Temps, John Legend, Stevie Wonder, The Supremes, Gladys Knight, Martha Reeves, Smokey Robinson. I’m sure I’m leaving someone out. Oh and Cee Lo Green. I’ve seen all this bands but Legend & Green.

Kathy and I went to our town's 4th of July festival last night. We ran into a friend that I was very close to after my first marriage. He was the leader of our single guys club. He always said he hated kids and would never get married. Our group fell apart when he got married and had kids. It was great for me in a lot of ways. He was our leader. Fridays he'd call and tell the eight of us what we were doing all weekend. It was the only group of friends I had that had nothing to do with WTIT and that I didn't lead. We also got to see Mark Farner of Grand Funk. He was terrific with the Grand Funk songs. His solo stuff (fortunately he only played 3) sucked. But before he started his encore of "I'm Your Captain" he went of on gun rights. A regular NRA rant that ended with, "If you don;'t agree with me you are un-American." Kathy's jaw dropped and I said "I wanna hurl". But we stayed for a great rendition of "Closer to Home". We didn't bother with his "meet and greet" because of it. And that’s the way it isn’t. July 7, 2013. That’s all folks.

4 comments:

  1. Political rants drive me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't tell you how much I loved your answer to #7!

    I'm sorry about your former friend. A friend I used to be very close to has cropped up recently, too, and it can be hard ... and disillusioning. How unfortunate that someone with children could come away from Newtown with that attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always shocked when one of my friends starts talking gun crap. What is with people?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is kind of sad what I'm about to say but...isn't it NICE to run into an old friend and see you're in a better place mentally than they are? Sorry your holiday wasn't up to snuff.Loved your answers btw.

    ReplyDelete