Friday, May 3, 2013

Here's Johnny!

Saturday 9: Tunnel of Love

1) Do you enjoy amusement park rides? Not really. My daughter, who is now 38 and has two kids of her own, once wrote in her blog that she loved that I rode on every ride with her at amusement parks. Then she added, “It meant a hell of a lot more when I found out later that he didn’t like roller coasters or Ferris wheels.” Truthfully, I still miss my kids. I mean AS kids. They thought I knew EVERYTHING. We are best friends now & I love being with my grand-kids, but nothing tops watching them grow up.

2) In this song, Bruce likens romance to riding through the tunnel of love. The Red Hot Chili Peppers sing about a "Love Rollercoaster." What amusement park ride reminds you of your relationships? The Fun House.

3) Bruce's nickname is The Boss. Who was your best boss? What made him/her a good supervisor? When I was in marketing at a Fortune 500 company, my boss not only took my advice on my projects but also had me help her deal with other projects. I never felt more respected, since I left radio.

4) Bruce's father was a bus driver and his mother was a legal secretary. What professions did/do your parents work in? My dad owned a hotel chain. Mom, worked for the state before becoming a full time homemaker.

5) Bruce met his wife Patti at a bar in Asbury Park. Do you believe you can pick up lasting love in a bar? I don’t really believe in “lasting love”. At least until Kathy. I met both my 2nd and current wife at bars, so yes. I believe that’s why god made bars.

 6) Springsteen was unable to work for years because he was embroiled in a lawsuit with his management company. Have you ever been sued, or sued someone else? Other than a couple of small claims matters, no.

7) Bruce won an Oscar for writing the title song for the Tom Hanks movie Philadelphia. Do you have a favorite Tom Hanks movie? No.

8) Bruce's official Twitter account (@springsteen) has more than 389,000 followers. Do you tweet? If so, how many people follow you? No, I just do facebook. I have a twitter account @wtit. But truthfully it was more to hold that handle if I got into serious tweeting. So far, it hasn’t happened.

9) Bruce's drummer, Mighty Max Weinberg, led the band on The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien. Who do you think is funnier -- Conan or Jay Leno? Or are you looking forward to Jimmy Fallon? Can I go for Door Number 4? No one has come close to “Heerrreee’s Johnny”! Jay Leno and I went to college together. So of the rest, I’d pick him.

Another stellar effort from The Gal. We will join Kwizgiver’s Sunday Stealing next time! Today is my son Ben's 36th birthday. Party! Peace. Join us then, same time & same blog.

8 comments:

  1. You and Kathy have a little something in common with Bruce and Patti. They met in the late 1970s but they didn't click (on his part). Then five years later she auditioned for the band, got the job ... and The Boss.

    I miss Johnny, too. Saw a PBS American Masters special about him and realized I'd forgotten how funny he really was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Johnny made it look so easy. He could get more laughs with a facial expression that Letterman gets with his Top 10...

      Delete
  2. Oh, I miss Johnny, too. Even on his "off" nights he was still hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in the audience once. He was the est!

      Delete
  3. I meet one of the Doc Severinsen band members when we shared a taxi from the hotel to the National Press Club for a reception there; she is one of the tribe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So...like...are you busting out that grill for the birthday party?
    Now you've got me thinking about the Ohio Players. Good thing cause it got my mind off of my defunct vision thanks to all of the damn captchas this week.
    peace

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fun house--LOL! I totally get that :)

    ReplyDelete