Saturday, April 20, 2013

Wake Up Maggie

Saturday 9: I Don't Want to Talk about it

1) Crazy Sam is beyond sick of all things Kardashian! What's a topic you're just tired of and don't want to talk about anymore? The political divide. Having grown up watching politicians working toward compromise, seeing what goes on today makes me want to hurl. Personally, I blame Rush. It seems his was the first shot fired that beget Fox News and the rest. To watch reporters show no respect to our President is nauseating. Growing up, anchors like Walter Cronkite or Huntley/Brinkley tried to be objective. Today, everyone has an agenda.

 2) Rod Stewart has been recording for more than 40 years. Do you have any of his music on your iPod/mp3 player? I have close to a hundred songs of his on my iPod. Keep in mind though that I have 15,000 songs on it. I slapped Rod five once during a concert. He was very cool. He lost me at his first Great American Songbook. I will say that while he hasn’t lost me, McCartney doing the standards sucks equally as well. He can kiss my bottom.

3) Rod Stewart is known for his coif. How much time do you spend on your hair each morning? I do comb it, but have never timed it. My bad, apparently.

4) Rod's first child, a daughter, will turn 50 this year. His most recent child, also a daughter, is 2. How close in age are your children? If you don't have any children, how close in age are you and your siblings? If you don't have children OR siblings, well, tell us what's immediately to your left as you respond to this meme. If you don't have anything to your left ... Oh, hell, I give up! My kids have an 11 year span. I have four, all from my first wife. We divorced when my kids ranged from 4 to 15. I really tried to hang in there, but I could not forsake any shot of happiness for theirs. I am extremely close to my oldest three. I have three grandchildren ages almost 1 to almost 11.

5) Which do you prefer -- french toast or pancakes? French toast.

6) When was the last time you lost your cool? I am always cool.

7) Crazy Sam once had a pet hamster she named Bart. Have you ever cared for a hamster or a gerbil? No. But we did rid the house of a couple of mice.

8) Are you ticklish? No.

9) Ouch! You have a headache! What's your go-to remedy? Any old narcotic lying around generally does it.

Well, we have not been around in a while. But after all, that was the point. When I signed off of The Blog I figured never to come come. But Gal & Mr. Lance occasionally draw me in. If there is a next time, we'll see you then. Peace.

13 comments:

  1. Our "government" is quite annoying itsn't it? I get frustrated, but I'm also arriving at the place where I believe it will crumble under it's own hubris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, I hope that it improves. I an argument with a right winged co-worker. I said that I believed in gay marriage. He said he did not. I asked if they didn't deserve the same rights. He retorted that they had the same rights, the can marry the opposite sex. I asked if he even knew a gay person. He said that he didn't...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Bud, you KNOW I have to come to his Lordship's defense! I enjoyed Kisses on the Bottom. I did! I think it was a sincere exploration of a genre he enjoys. I have enjoyed Carly Simon's venture into the standards, too. I think we can tell if it's an affectionate foray or a crass attempt to make a little more moola. (Just to show I am capable of SOME objectivity, let me state I've never forgiven him for "Mary Had a Little Lamb," "Ebony and Ivory" or "The Girl Is Mine.")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that it wasn't for $$$. But I don't think those songs do much for what is becoming a more limited range....

      Delete
    2. You got me there. His voice was sounding a bit too thin at times. Maybe I'm in denial of the inevitable impact time has had on my favorite mop top.

      Delete
  4. I've missed you, Bud! And I'm always glad to read your answers. Hope your back is better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not, but it's good to be back and read your blog!

      Delete
  5. I'm totally with you on #1

    I have to keep the location where I'm ticklish a secret because my brother reads my blog and I still don't trust him after all these years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. S-9 is doing fine- not that you sucked at it. Sundays are getting posted a bit late. Then I forget to check back on Sunday. But, luckily, 5:00 hasn't changed. So where was I...I so agree with you on #1. I have never seen so much disrespect. There are many that just say his last name- wth? There is way too much crap.And this gun thing....
    Say hi to Kathy for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree Sat-9 is fine without me. I think Lance is a tad overwhelmed, but considering that, at least he's doing his best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you are right about Limbaugh. I remember when he first came on the scene. He was funny at first when he was local, but he lost me right away when he turned mean. Now he is just crazy and very divisive.

    Katie atBankerchick Scratchings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always happy to see you pop up in my feed :)

    ReplyDelete