Sunday, April 21, 2013

Happy Trails Mr. Lance

Stealing: The Unlucky 13 

1. On average, how long does it take you to get ready for work/school/a day or night out? Overall this has been a bang up day. And I started it with a sucko question. For the record: Lance did do a long rambling explanation as to why he quit and then did a last meme of questions from memes we’d already done. I do wish him well. I just hope as I start the process of looking for a new host, I feel that I’d just do this new one instead, without the letter from Lance. This is just a meme I actually stole last night. I knew from the start that Lance was overwhelmed. I just didn’t know to what extent. Stealing, as the author, is much tougher than it would appear. If any of you (those who read my nonsense) have any clue on what we should do here. I’d love ideas. I know that I won’t have it in me to do this again long. I’d hate to see it die.

2. If you could ask your favorite author one question about the book(s) they wrote, what would it be? I’d ask Tolkien what he thought of his one book becoming three movies.

3. What do you think is the hardest thing about growing up? I’ve learned that the older you get, the less you know. It took a long time to realize it.

4. Who would you rather switch places with for a day: your favorite celebrity, or your favorite fictional character? Since my favorite celebrity is Jill Hennessy, I’ll go with a character. Perhaps Jack O’Neil of SG-1. 5. Who would you rather have point out a flaw that you weren't aware you had: a close personal friend, or a total stranger? I guess the point is that a stranger might not embarrass you as much. I’m not keen on strangers giving me opinions on my life. 6. Do you get jealous easily? If so, what sorts of qualities or characteristics in other people are you most likely to be jealous of? These are two completely different questions. The first answer is that I generally don’t do jealous. As far as a characteristic I’d want, has to do with work. There’s a couple of areas in which I’d love t improve.

7. Which version of yourself would you rather have a conversation with: the one from ten years ago, or the one you turn into ten years from now? I always want to know the future.

8. Were you ever bullied in any way as a child? If so, how has it shaped you today? Most of us were bullied at some point. It effected my life at the time but now, not so much.

9. What is one fear you would like to overcome in your lifetime? Fear of writing. I, unlike most people, have never thought I had “a book in me”. Since I have strong and unheard of interpretations of The Beatles lyrics from Rubber Soul to Let It Be, I thought if I ever wrote I do it on that. I did a paper on it for a psych class in college and got an A+. Kathy has encouraged me to write. But as I started that book, I realized I’d much rather do a book on WTIT and my DJ career. I’ve still got every tape that we recorded since 1967. I’ve been transferring cassettes to digital for a half-year or so. As I hear parts of them I hear so many stories of my life that I’ve forgotten. It’s like a journal, but you are totally there. I can close my eyes and know where everyone was sitting. One DJ who occasionally did solo show at his home did a “final solo show” after we graduated from high school. He spoke directly to me as he did it. Talking about what the experience and our friendships meant to him. I listened to it in its entirety yesterday. The music was super and I don’t think I realized how grateful guys have been when asked to join in. I think this will be the book that I write.

10. What is one food you haven't tried yet that you would like to? I’m really adventurous with that. The last new food I had was at an Indian wedding. I had goat and a bunch of new food that was great.

11. Is it easier to forgive someone for the wrong they've done you or to seek forgiveness from someone that you've wronged in any way? I’m pretty forgiving. It’s like that with Stealing. I could have been pissed off with a week’s notice, but I wasn’t. The only thing I wouldn’t do was to give him my platform to say goodbye. Not because he didn’t deserve to, but rather because I want the next transaction to go seamlessly without the drama. I would imagine that he’s probably pissed, but I’m more interested in the players than the host. I was up to 4 AM returning the meme to the way I originally set it up. I did not mind the changes, since I gave him the keys, but while I briefly host again, I’ll do it my way.

12. Let’s go random: What did you do for New Year’s Eve for the turn of the millennium? I went to a nightclub with my girlfriend of the time. It was a dive bar that I loved had good bands. She was a good sport since she was not used to that scene. She was the first serious girlfriend after my second marriage. It was a long trip before I met Kathy and wed yet again.

13. What else around here have you noticed? I just hope I don’t fuck up stealing. I’m so fond of it, but can’t do this and my book. Perhaps next week when I start the process of finding the next “Judd”, I’ll get lucky fast.

 Yesterday I wrote about the infrequent posts that I’m doing. I said something like “See you again if I ever come back”. I just didn’t know it would be today. Peace. See you next weekend…

9 comments:

  1. Welcome back! But I'm sorry about Mr. Lance. I thought he was doing well (except for the week he was sick, and that could happen to anyone). I think that finding a decent meme to steal is probably harder than making one up from scratch. PS I believe you have a book in you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the confidence. I am actually more surprised that he last that long.

      Delete
  2. YES! Now the Cubs can surly win the world series! WOOHOOO!!!!!




    YAY!!!


    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Poor Lance.

    It looks like we have the same views of bullying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I offered to give him my # in the beginning so I could help him out. When he passed on that I felt it would be short lived...

      Delete
  4. sorry- I just read my comments and got your note.
    I'm thinkin' that you have enough material to re-run some old steals with updates- like best of the steal with a couple of new questions thrown in and a few taken out. There are not a lot of memes out there- people got lives or something and moved on. I would hate to see SS go away. It's like the only one I do any more other than S-9.

    ReplyDelete