|My dad singing last spring.|
|Ned, brother Mark, whoever & my dad.|
2) We all know Sinatra sang, and he won an Oscar for his acting. But he also painted and was proud to sell a few canvasses anonymously (signed "Artanis"). Do you have a secret talent? I’m about all things music and radio. I’ve been a disco star. I guess if I have any degree of talent in writing, of which I have no idea, it would be a secret. I should find out, however. In the process of research for a book I plan to write., I should find out.
3) Those close to Sinatra maintained that every time he sang,"In the Wee Small Hours" (hear him perform it live here) he conjured up how it felt to lose his great love. Have you ever had your heart broken? Just Over, Under, Sideways & Down.
4) In 1966, when he was 50, Sinatra married 21 year old Mia Farrow. Their union lasted less than two years. Do you think a wide age gap necessarily dooms a romantic relationship? Yes. Have you noticed that it’s only millionaires and stars that young women “fall in love” with?
5) Offstage Sinatra wore orange sweaters and liked seeing orange throw pillows in his home and dressing room because he believed "orange is the happiest color." What color raises your spirits? None, but spirits have raised my color..
|2012 - (from left) Cos (last heard in 1999), Galloping Gary (1967 founding member, last heard in 1982) & current DJs ~ Rock (since 1987) Bud (1967 founding member), Johnnie (1968 completing the original 5) & Midnight (1968-1995, 2012-present)~|
7) Sinatra's children followed their father into show business. What advice would you give a young person entering your career of choice? “Have the ride of your life!”
8) Legend has it that Frank was embarrassed by a scar on his face (received at birth from the forceps used in his delivery) and worked hard to cover it. Do you have a physical characteristic that you try to hide? Nope. When you’re as great as I am, it’s hard to be humble. (Actually Galloping Gary’s sign-off on WTIT during his 15 year reign from 1967 to 1982.
9) In 1964, when he first heard The Beatles, Sinatra was very dismissive. By 1970, he called the Beatles' "Something" one of the most beautiful ballads ever. Tell us about something you changed your mind about. I never thought I’d marry again. I am so glad I found Kathy.
We will return. Let’s hope. Same time. Same blog.