2) The song tells us that Hakuna Matata "means no worries." Is something worrying you right now? Just seeing Dennis Rodman as a “diplomat”.
3) Who is the most optimistic person you know? My wife Kathy is very optimistic and sometimes can still use her childhood eyes in wonderment. I think that’s why she never had children.
4) Elton John wrote "Hakuna Matata" but didn't record it. Name a song Sir Elton is famous for singing. My favorites are a tie between “I Want to Kiss the Bride”and “Saturday Night’s Alright for Fighting”. Before he released “Your Song” he did a radio show at my college next door to where I lived. My roommate woke my to ask if I wanted to meet him. I was asleep. I said, “Who the fuck is Elton John? Wake me when he’s famous.” Bright idea going back to sleep…
5) Can you play the piano? A bit. I can play melody by ear, but I’m not really good with chords.
6) Congratulations! You just won a guided African Safari Tour! 8 days in Zambia and Botswana for you and a friend. All expenses paid, and allowing you access to breathtaking, unforgettable sights. It takes at least 30 hours to get there, and before you go you'll need yellow fever and hepatitis vaccinations and medication to prevent malaria. Are you up for it? Yep. I love everything about African animals, particular big cats and hyenas.
7) There's been a mistake. You really won a 4-night Disney Bahamas Cruise for two. Are you relieved or disappointed that you'll be partying with a guy in a Simba suit on the Lido Deck instead of observing a real lion in the wild? Yes. And my wife hates beaches. So I don’t think The Bahamas are in the cards.
8) Let's bring this back to real life -- do you have any vacation plans? Do medical plans count? I went and saw a specialist about my back, a partner of the neurosurgeon in Boston who last operated on me. He wanted to do a steroid shot to me. I did not like the guy. He looked like Doogie Howser and acted a though I could lift weights and have a 20 year old back again. I agreed to the shot (I’d rather avoid my 9th back surgery) but we agreed I’d do it in Hartford. You need someone to drive you afterwards. 30 minutes beats 2 hours. I do it in two weeks.
9) Describe your luggage. Is it durable and high quality? Or are you like Crazy Sam, who has been known to use an Old Navy shopping bag as her carry-on? It’s gray Samsonite set that I got for high school graduation. Although Harvey, my buddy in Atlanta always borrows the big piece. It’s still in Atlanta from his 2011 trip.