Friday, March 8, 2013

I Think We're Alone Now

Harvey in 2009 in The Gatewood Studio.
Saturday 9: Midnight Train to Georgia

1) Have you ever been to the Atlanta? Many times. Harvey Wallbanger (obviously a fellow WTIT DJ) moved to Atlanta in 1995 right after my second marriage in which he was best man. My first trip there was paid for by my company of the time Cox Communications. The only night we had off that week was Saturday night and Harvey picked me up. As we painted the town Harvey said to me, “If only you were single. We’d have a great time tonight.” It was foreshadowing. I was only married that time for three years. Harvey and I have had many great times since. Of course that ended again when I got married again. Harvey just said to me the other day, “She’s perfect for you.” Hopefully no more “great times” again with Harv and bars.

2) Do you enjoy traveling by train? I guess I do. It’s easier than driving and far more easy than flying these days.

 3) "Midnight Train to Georgia" is Sam Winters' signature number at the karaoke bar. What's your go-to song when you take the mic? “I Think We’re Alone Now.” I can’t sing well so I changed the lyrics. People laugh so hard they missed the fact that I can’t sing. Or just didn't care...

4) Do you drink tea? I don’t hate it, but I can’t remember the last time I had it. My guess would be while at the last Chinese restaurant that we ate at.

5) What's the most recent thing you purchased for your home? A washing machine. Sexy, no?

6) Are there dishes in your kitchen sink right now? I don’t think so. I usually do them, but my back is out and I may need another back operation. So, Kathy’s in charge.

7) Have you ever been fingerprinted? Yes.

8) What was the last check you wrote? I send money toeach of my parents the first of every month.

9) What color are your eyes? Blue.

Peace and all the good stuff. Till next time...

12 comments:

  1. I hope that you are feeling much better soon! Great answers! And Harvey, not too hard on the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Barhopping with Harvey was easy cause of his not being "not toohard on the eyes..." :)

      Delete
  2. "And then you put your arms around me and we tumble to the ground and then you say, I think we're alone now ..." Why would anyone laugh at those profound lyrics? :)

    I'm sorry to see your back is giving you grief. But I'm not sorry to see the photo of Harvey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I changed the lyrics to things like "wrap your LEGS around me..."

      Delete
  3. I have to remember that tip next time someone hands me a mic at a karaoke bar. Usually when I start singing there is a stampede toward the doors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you'd come up with some hilarious lyrics!

    Hope the back behaves and you get relief soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your back improves :( I know how that can be. And helloooooooo Harvey! lol
    I love that you send your parents money each month, too. You're a good son.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Next time... I wanna bring everyone to hear your rendition of I Think We're Alone Now!!! I can't even imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man...I was all ready to be funny and then I read that heart-breaker/tearjerker about you writing checks to the parents. D'Oh!

    ReplyDelete