Saturday, March 30, 2013

Allison Told Me to Say It

Saturday 9: I Don't Want to Wait




1) Are you impatient? No. Can we get to the next question faster please?

2) Do you believe some people have a gift for predicting the future? Yes. Here’s mine: “Easter is tomorrow”. I know. It’s a fucking gift.

3) The microwave is a great invention for those who "don't want to wait." What was the last thing you prepared in yours? I’m allergic to cooking. My bad.

 4) This was the theme of the TV show Dawson's Creek. Michelle Williams, a costar on the show, went on to earn multiple Oscar nominations. Name another performer who started out on TV and then became a movie star. George Clooney, cuz Allison told me about him.

5) What's the last bit of advice you received? “If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No sense being a fool about it.”

6) What's the last advice you gave? “If you keep your head while everyone is losing theirs, then you don’t understand the problem.” Both are from Bud’s Laws, featured on WTIT: The Blog.

7) Easter is considered the season of rebirth. What leaves you feeling refreshed or rejuvenated? Sex.

8) Easter is also recognized as the start of the spring season. What are you looking forward to this spring? The end to the cold weather. I swore that when my youngest child turned 21, I’d move to warmer weather. She turns 28 this year. I did not count on getting a job that I could not replace.

9) Which would you rather find in your Easter basket: yellow marshmallow chicks (aka Peeps) or a chocolate bunny? You got a third choice?

That’s it for a Saturday. Happy Easter if you celebrate. Happy Easter if you don’t. We could return. You have been warned.

12 comments:

  1. I like "Bud's Law" #3, my father worked in a sausage when he was a boy and never ate a hot dog or sausage again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm allergic to cooking, as well. When my husband is out of town, my microwave gets a lot of lovin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crap this winter/spring has sucked. I hope we don't get screwed over this summer. Optimist I know....
    Say hi to Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as it doesn't snow, summer can't screw us over...

      Delete
  4. There's always a 3d choice.... embrace it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your answer to #8 is interesting. My friend moved to the Keys more than 15 years to be a professor at the only college on the island and, due to budget cuts, just got let go. So now he's 50 and saddled with a house he can't sell in an area where he's unemployable. Sometimes it's wiser to stay where the snow -- and the jobs! -- are. You probably made the right choice. (Besides, you wouldn't have met Kathy.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That story does have a moral. But Kathy searched for me for 5 years. She woulda found me anywhere...

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the George & me shout out!

    ReplyDelete