Sunday, February 10, 2013

To the Moon, Alice!

Sunday Stealing: The Basically Obscure Meme-Part 2

21: Would you swear in front of your parents? Of course I would. I’m 261 years old. My folks are 287 & 289. We are WAY too old not to be real with each other.

22: Which continents have you been on? Just North America & Europe.

23: Do you get motion sickness? Any horror stories? No & no. My kids have. On the way to Yankee Stadium, my daughter Heather lost it completely. She was about 12. I’m sure now 38 she will love my sharing the story.

24: Why did you name your blog whatever you named your blog? When I decided to end WTIT: The Blog it was because I now was just doing a “meme blog”. Don’t get me wrong, I loved it. But when I went from six days a week (when Iwas was producing 5 memes myself a week) to two, my audience vanished. I enjoyed it, but had other projects with WTIT that  wanted to do. Our Facebook page has over 100 followers. We are recording more and I’m turning 23 years of actual tape to digital. My plate was filled. I missed doing the memes, so I invented The Bud Blog to occasional chime in. I love what the folks who took over Saturday 9 & Sunday Stealing are doing with those memes. It was a seamless transition. So a big shout out to The Gal & Lance for breathing life into the weekend memes! Now as to why my new blog is called The Bud Blog, is anybody’s guess.  

25: Would you wear a rainbow jacket? A neon yellow sweater? Checkered pants? Nah, nope & seriously?

26: What was your favorite cartoon growing up? Post a picture if you can. The Flintstones. Probably the reason I loved it was because I was raised on The Honeymooners (its inspiration) because it was my dad’s favorite sitcom. To the moon, Alice!

27: In a past life I must have been a... star. Confidence? I got it…

28: If you had to look at one city skyline for the rest of your life, which would it be?
The capital city of Vulcan.

29: Longest plane ride you've ever been on? To Europe, it was a 12 hour plane ride at the time.

30: The longest you've ever slept? 11 days. When I first was sick in 2002, I got a staph infection that nearly killed me. I am not exaggerating. My doc told me if I did not respond to the last drug, I’d live 6 months to a year. One of my hospitalizations for it lasted 12 days. I was only awake to try to eat.

31: Would you buy a sweater covered in kitten pictures? Would you wear it if someone gave it you for free? Gag me with a proverbial spoon. I hate sweaters and you ask me if I’d wear an UGLY one if it were free? They could have tried to pay me and I’d pass.

32: Do you pluck your eyebrows? No.

33: Favorite kind of bean? Kidney? Black? Pinto?
Beans are the sweaters of the vegetable world. So while tempting, no.

34: How far can you throw a baseball? In the day, from the outfield to home plate.

35: If you had to move to another country, where would you move? St. Martin.

36: Have you ever eaten Ethiopian food? Vietnamese? Korean? Nepalese? How was it? I thought Ethiopian food was a oxymoron.

37: How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? This one reminds me of Thursday Thunks. I miss Kimber & Berleen. I’m still friends with them on Facebook, but they blog no more.

Hope all is well in your world. A yard of snow has slowed us down in Connecticut. The Bud Blog will post again. Same time, same blog…

18 comments:

  1. Hey Bud,

    Flintsones, great choice. They were almost my sponsors for this episode, but chose All in the Family mostly due to the first question. It just seemed to fit Gloria better then Pebbles lol. Besides, I got to do a Polish joke from it, my wife is Polish born and bread.

    Take care buddy.
    Glad to see you are still posting!
    TTFN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always great to hear from you. You are probably the last of thiose of us on Gale Martin's team that I still hear from!

      Delete
  2. OMG, I almost choked on my Chex Mix when I read #36 - lmao!

    I had no idea The Flintstones were based on The Honeymooners. It all makes sense now. Duh, me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ethiopian food an oxymoron and beans the sweater of vegetables, Classic Bud answers. Glad Kathy is getting some help with the snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I hate it when your wife keels over!

      Delete
  4. Like Smallyann, it took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out the Flintstones-Honeymooners connections. And let's not discuss how old I was when I figured out that the Gale family's farmhands were also the Scarecrow, Tin Woodman and Cowardly Lion. I'd have to move to another land where they don't blog and can't speak of my shame.


    PS Remember, "CRAZY SAM" WINTERS authors the Saturday 9. Imagine me, a la Scarlett O'Hara, shaking my fist at the sky: "You paid for the photo, Bud, and as God is my witness, we're getting our money's worth!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love all you've done with my buddy Sam!

      Delete
  5. I get the shivers every time I read your staph infection story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never been to Vulcan, I wonder if my travel agent can hook me up! Your sense of humor rocks! never fail to make me laugh! I am so very thankful that you decided to create this blog and keep fighting the good fight! Thanks for the confidence too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness, you WERE sick! Great Bud answers, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the Flintstones theme song stuck in my head now. But that is ok!

    I miss Thursday Thunks also. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wasn't gonna mention the Ethiopian thing.....

    It's been a couple of years since we last visited that Honeymooner--Flintstones thing.

    ReplyDelete