Saturday, February 9, 2013

I'm A God, But Not "The" God

 
1) In honor of Valentine's Day next week, what's the most romantic movie you can think of? In honor of Groundhog Day this month and the fact that Kathy and I watched it on the 2nd, I’ll go with that.

2) The Way We Were was a tearjerker. Do you think that most real-life love stories end in heartbreak? Or do you believe in happily ever after? I do not believe in happily ever after. In my experience, I’ve never experienced it or have seen it. When I met my wife, she knew this. Then I said, “At our age happily ever after is not that long.” Perhaps we can do it…

3) What's your favorite love song? First thing that popped into my head was Jim Croce’s I’ll Have to Say I Love You in a Song”.

4) In 1993, Barbra Streisand married actor James Brolin, who first became famous as Dr. Steven Kiley on Marcus Welby, MD. Who is your favorite TV doctor? Mark Greene on ER. I was sick for almost two years and watched tat series beginning to current at the time. The character amazed me. Althouh a tip of the cap to Allison, for Clooney was fabulous as well. The story arc when the character of Mark Greene dies

5) In 2012, Streisand renewed her contract with Columbia, where's she's been recording since 1963. So she's been with the same label for fifty years! Where have you worked the longest, and how long was that? I operated my family business (hotels) for 9 years. My video stores (8) that I owned were around that same length of time, but they overlapped for five years. I will be nine years at my present job in May. I think short of death or retirement (due to injury), it will win.

6) Sam Winters once worked as a hostess in a chic bistro in Worcester, PA. That's why she frequently gets frustrated by bad service in restaurants -- she's certain she could make it run more smoothly. Where do you find yourself getting annoyed most often? Bad service followed by awful food is the winner for me. But I do not get annoyed easily. I tend to go with the flow.

7) Have you ever taken a polygraph test? No. The French twins once asked me to do so they’d know who I cared for more, but I convinced them that I was allergic.

8) Crunchy, smooth or organic peanut butter?
Whatever Annette likes.
9) Describe your favorite sweater. I don’t wear sweaters.

What about this storm? I had not got around to hiring a removal service. I called plenty on Thursday, but no one was accepting new customers. We got a yard. Our neighbors Ray & Cal, have been super helping us out. (It’s now officially over a year since we bought our dream home. Time does fly.) They mowed our lawn until I hired a firm. Kathy is our shoveling now. (I have had nine spine surgeries and a bad heart.) I went to check om her and she said that Cal came over to say Ray will snowplow us out when he’s rested fro his own. Yea Ray! I hope if you are part of this monster blizzard that you are safe. Peace.

12 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's been a year since you two bought the house! Happy anniversary. Annette liked Jif because "choosey mothers choose Jif." You were wise not to undergo the polygraph as it would only hurt someone's feelings and those two look like they'd be dangerous when wounded.

    PS Always nice to see you drop by your old stomping grounds at Saturday 9.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it either. Your rock at Sat-9. I love learning all about Sam!

      Delete
  2. Your reply to #8 reminded me of "Coming to America" when he kept asking his arranged marriage bride-to-be what her favorite was and she was like, "Whatever YOU like"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are those the new twins? Maybe they can go outside and help Kathy.

    Have a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have great neighbors! It's been a year on the house already??

    ReplyDelete
  5. This year went SO fast. The Wedding consumed us in 2012. Now we are chilling. Especially today with the blizzard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Allergic to polygraphs! Bahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Jim Croce. That was my first album after Monster Mash. I still love his voice. The ER storyline with Mark Green was one of the best, I fell in love with the best version of "It's a Wonderful World" because of that. Glad Kathy got some help :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wait, Dr. Greene died? :-)

    He was the best (after Doug, of course) on that show at the beginning of it, just calm and steady and sweet. Then he married whats-her-face, and I started paying more attention to Noah Wylie's character.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He never seemed right with her and her English accent

    ReplyDelete