Saturday 9: Stormy Weather
1) Do noisy storms scare you? Quite the opposite. I find thunder and lightning exhilarating.
2) Mother Winters tells us Lena Horne was considered one of the great beauties of the 1940s. Whom do you consider one of today's most beautiful women? I’ll stick with Jill Hennessy. While I freely admit that it’s not Jill that I find so damn attractive, rather it was the character that she played on Crossing Jordan.
3) Crazy Sam admits it -- there's a big bag of recycling she really should take out to the bin. Yet she's composing this meme. What should you be doing, instead of answering her questions? Not anything. My back's out and I’ve got neck and leg pain. When I finish this I will watch TV. Damn exciting, no?
4) Sam may be crazy, but she's not stupid and will never waste her money on Cialis, no matter how many unsolicited emails she receives! What's the most recent addition to your spam folder? Facebook told me that I won a $10,000 contest. They didn’t hide the scam part very well. I contacted Facebook. Now where’s the fucking cash?
5) What was the last thing you cooked? Ha!
6) Do you remember the lyrics to your either your high school or college fight song? If so, please share a bit. I remember my junior high song because we ere forced to memorize it. While I’m sure my college had a song, but I wasn’t into sports at that time, which s funny. I was raised on sports and it plays a big part of my life since college. I think dropping sports for four years was part of the rebellion thang. Here’s the words:
Onward Sedgwick, onward Sedgwick March on down the field.
We are going to win today, for we will never yield FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT
Onward Sedgwick, onward Sedgwick on to victory!
Score Sedgwick win today blah blah blah blah.
7) "Samantha" is the feminine of "Samuel" and means "Listener." What's the derivation of your first name? Bud is a derivative of Budweiser, the patron saint of beer.
8) Are you following the NBA or NHL this year? If so, which team are you rooting for? I became a huge Hartford Whaler fan when they were in town. (As opposed to a hockey fan.) When our governor allowed them to be moved and Gary Bettman supported it, I never forgave either and have not seen a second of hockey since. I follow the NBA, but don’t watch much. I grew up a Knicks fan, but when my 12 year old son (Now 35 with a family of his own) latched onto the Larry Bird Celtics in the 80s, I switched. Which would not have happened if I really was a fan of either. Now I follow, but I don’t root for anyone.
9) Gloves, umbrellas, sunglasses, keys -- which of these do you misplace most often? I lost so many umbrellas that in the 90s I just stopped bothering with them. It’s not listed, but it’s my iPhone that alludes me.
I know I’m not around much. But I really didn’t expect to post at all. I really think the job Gal does with this meme is remarkable. Hope you have a terrific weekend. We may return. Peace…