Saturday, December 1, 2012

Wieją (Niszczyć) Mnie



1) Have you ever danced the polka?
I had a very serious lady in my life who was Polish. She stated that all I had to do for her to marry me was to learn the Polka. So, naturally I did not. I was so in love. I wonder what her name was?

2) Frankie Yankovic was a stellar accordion player. What instrument have you mastered, or would like to learn? A real one. I’d love to play the electric guitar ¼ as good as my son James.



 3) When Frankie died in 1998, his obituary proclaimed him as "America's Polka King." Lucille Ball was "The Queen of Comedy" and Michael Jackson was "The King of Pop." What royal title do you deserve? “He was named after ‘The King of Beers’”.
4) Do you like light beer? No. Did you that “The Hartford Courant” interviewed Kathy and me this week? They do a weekly feature on unusual “love stories”. O thought ours was same-oh. Boy meets girl. Awards girl “Foxy Lady of the Week” ten times at his nightclub. She was the one girl he didn’t sleep with. 30 years later, girl spends five years to find boy. Girl finds boy. Boy thinks, “Hey, maybe I can sleep with that one girl that I missed.” Boy marries girl because she fulfills him in a way he has never known. Then the newspaper calls. Keep tuned.

5) In 1901, daredevil Annie Taylor successfully went over Niagara Falls in a barrel. She was badly bruised but otherwise fine. How much money would it take for you do to do something that dangerous? $12,562,987.89. Not negotiable.

6) When was the last time you visited a pet store? How long is never?

7) What's your favorite salad dressing?
Bleu Cheese or Balsamic Vinaigrette. Sometimes both.
 

8)  Sam Winters is crazy about her smart phone. She uses it to take pictures, record videos, listen to tunes, answer emails and surf the net and, oh yeah, she even uses it to make calls. How indispensable is your mobile phone in your day-to-day life? All that and more, I watch TV shows and listen to radio shows from all over the country as I drive in my job. I love sports. When a great story is about a player or team in another city, I will listen to a local show from that city, as an example.
9) "Kocham cię" is "I love you" in Polish. Can you say "I love you" in a language other than English (and Polish)? Wieją (niszczyć) mnie. Which loosely means, “blow me” in Polish.



Is it true that “In Heaven There is No Beer” and that’s why we drink it here? How about Smirnoff? See you out there...

6 comments:

  1. I'd love to read your love story! Link please. And thanks for broadening my horizons. Chicago has a very large Polish community and Wieją (niszczyć) mnie may come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand being able to listen to music on demand, but I just can't rationalize the cost.

    My new car has satellite radio and I like all the channels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to the newpaper love story,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, I hope you're going to share the link to the news story!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I went looking on your paper's website for your love story and all I got was some dude Doug with Jill.

    I seem to be the only one not using balsamic dressing....

    ReplyDelete