Sunday, December 2, 2012

Time to Move On

Sunday Stealing: The Not So Manly Meme


I tried to post a guy wearing something.




1. Boxers? Briefs? Boxer briefs? Thongs? Bikinis? Commando? You are right. No “manly” meme starts with a question that anyone but your wife cares about. I don’t think even she cares all that much. She might tell me when to buy some new ones.

2. What’s your fussiest personal care routine? Flossing.

3. Do you have a favorite tool? Power or manual? Another brilliant question. If the answer (and it is) to the first part is “no”, then what shall we do with the second part?

 4. Can you change your own oil? Do you? Not even in the frying pan. Wait. Upon further review, we could do that. It’s the cooking part with the oil that’s tough.

5. What’s the “manliest / 'womenliest” thing you do on a regular basis? Shave.

6. What’s something “manly” that you never learned how to do? Apparently using a power tool. It is obvious CV Rick was an expert on this shit.

7. Do you ever cry? If so, what’s your trigger? Yes.The trigger is sad shit happening.

8. Do you have a chivalrous streak? How does it manifest itself? I randomly throw coats on puddles and yell, “To Sir Walter, whoever the fuck you were!!”

9. Do you have a chauvinistic streak? How does it manifest itself? I watch my Patriots, UConn men and Yankees.

10. What’s your favorite movie? I refuse to ever answer this question again. I'll from here forth go with "latest". Last night Kathy and I watched Flatliners on my new Roku device. If you don’t have one yet, you will.

11. What’s the dumbest, testosterone-inspired thing you’ve ever seen? Wrestling.

12. What quality do you think makes a good man good? Do you have that quality? Compassion and yes, I believe I do.

13. Toilet seat up or down? Really? This is Stealing after all.

14. If your significant other is away, do you cook for yourself or eat out of cans and boxes (or rely on local drive-throughs and delivery)? I spend my days switching the oil in my fucking frying pan. I even can change it.

15. What societal expectation of being a man / women do you most resent? I don't worry about anyone's expectations but my own.

16. What’s the best part - societal-wise - about being a man / women? Shaving.

17. Will you stop to ask for directions? I checked. This question was written before the invention of GPS.

18. What’s one thing about your significant other that you just cannot understand, no matter how hard you try? I've been married less than two months. I think that makes this the perfect time to start fucking complaining.

19. What do you need to have in the shower? Soap & shampoo. I hope this all stops soon.

20. Do you burp/fart/scratch? Do you do anything stereotypically male? Wow.



Time to move on. See you if I get back from the other side...


9 comments:

  1. #18...yet you did not complain...things must be good. I think with the favorite 'Thing' I too will go with the latest thing watched or heard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you loved this one.... favorite movie and all....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!! I am back! WooHoo! -- And you NAILED it with the wrestling thing. Larry doesn't know what the hell he is looking at. I think when he was a child someone hit his head into a wall while he was on a rocker (true story!!). So that may explain it. You again my friend educated me and made me realize that I do change my own oil. Cooking oil. Now I don't feel so friggin stupid.

    Note to self: Check into Roku device.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I hope this all stops soon" is such a great meme answer, one that only you could come up with!

    Glad you don't have complaining to publicize after just two months, too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. But isn't GPS basically the same as asking for directions?

    Hummmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't exactly know what Roku is, but I am familiar with their holiday campaign -- "Roku is cheaper than a sweater." So it's reasonably priced and Bud-endorsed. I shall have to investigate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha - I have no idea who CV is or was (by the dust on his blog) But after reading your answers I have lost all respect for him! Very Funny!

    ReplyDelete