1) "Live and Let Die" was nominated for an Oscar as best song. Do you have a favorite movie song? She from Notting Hill sung by Elvis Costello.
2) The latest Bond movie, Skyfall, is crazy successful. Have you seen it/do you want to see it? I love all things Bond. I cannot wait to see it. In fact years ago in my former blog did a meme and here were the rules:
Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to:
1. Choose a category from one of these: Television, Stage & Screen, Nightly News, Publishing, Lives & Times, Music.
2. Find 8 bits of trivia about your selected category
We narrowed it down even further. We decided to do screen, specifically James Bond film.
2. Only one singer has sung the lead song more than once. We don’t say “title song” because some of the themes use the movie title while others do not. The one singer to perform on two films was Shirley Bassey. She sang probably the most famous theme, Goldfinger starring Sean Connery. She would later sing Moonraker, a Roger Moore film.3. Paul McCartney recorded the theme for Live and Let Die. It is a staple to his concerts, along with a huge fireworks display, to this day. When Quantum of Solace was filmed, the second film starring Daniel Craig, Paul McCartney turned down the chance to record the theme for that movie and for him to do a second Bond film.
4. Paul McCartney’s turn down may have created good news for a a pair of singers. Jack White of The White Stripes and Alicia Keys collaborated on "Another Way to Die," becoming the first duet as a Bond theme.
5. Ian Fleming lost his law suit concerning Thunderball to McClory and Whitingham. They were awarded the movie rights. They had no backing to make the film, so they sold the rights back to Eon, the official production company. They sold them the rights for ten years. When the ten years were up Sean Connery and McClory started writing a film that they were to call Warhead, essentially a remake of Thunderball. Eon sued and McClory backed down lacking funds to fight. By 1983, Warner Brothers decided to back McClory and they won the lawsuit. The film title became Never Say Never Again and starred Sean Connery in his last go round as 007.
6. At the same time as Never Say Never Again came out, the official company released Octopussy starring Roger Moore. Both films did very well, but Octopussy grossed more money.
7. Casino Royal, as we stated, was the first Fleming James Bond novel. It also was the first production of the Ian Fleming character. The book was written in 1953 and in 1954 CBS got the rights to do a one hour adaptation. So who played the first Bond? It was Barry Nelson. Linda Christian was the first Bond Girl and Peter Lore played the first villain. For some reason CBS made “Jimmy Bond” (Yes, that’s what they called him.) a CIA agent and his best friend Felix a British agent in a nationality reversal of sorts.
8. We all know that the first three film actors were Sean Connery, George Lazenby and Roger Moore. But did you know that they all filmed a role as James Bond at the same time? You can probably guess that it was in 1983. Moore was in Octopussy and Connery in Never Say Never Again and George Lazenby filmed The Return of the Man from U.N.C.L.E. reunion film as Bond. You see Ian Fleming was also behind the original The Man From U.N.C.L.E. TV series.
3) What do you think makes Bond movies so enduringly popular? They are basically a formatted film including the music, the villains, and the women. They have evolved yet are always familiar.
4) Do you have a favorite among the actors who have played "Bond, James Bond?" Sean Connery IS James Bond. But, I’ve liked most of the actors. I didn’t really care for the way Roger Moore spoofed the character. But, I own all his films as well. Daniel Craig is good, and a bit overrated. I would have preferred that he had black hair.
5) Bond orders martinis -- "shaken, not stirred." What's your regular drink order? Ketel One on the rocks.
6) Moving from the bar to breakfast -- do you have a favorite cereal? Raisin Bran.
7) Let's daydream about warm weather. Would you rather swim in a lake, the ocean, or an outdoor pool? I’m partial to pools. My son Ben and his wife have a great one.
8) Did you get 8 hours' sleep last night? I didn’t time it. Sorry. Will I fail this quiz now?
9) What are you wearing on your feet right now? My feet are naked.
I couldn't stay away. I really enjoyed my weekend starting with a meme. I guess I just couldn't write them any more. I am very happy with the work The Gal has done. Maybe we'll do it again. You never know. Peace & love.