Friday, November 23, 2012

In the Still of the Night

Saturday 9: Cold Turkey


1) Are you still feasting on cold turkey, or any other leftovers, from your Thanksgiving meal? Nope. We had the dinner at my sisters. My parents, Aunt Helen and my sister and her wife were with us. Had they ASKED for a “to-go bag”….
2) AAA says Thanksgiving is a big travel weekend. Did you venture far from home for your holiday dinner? No. The last time that I did was at least one wife ago and we lived in Boston. I'm guessing it was 1996.

3) Is this weekend the official start of the Christmas season for you? If by that you  mean that were gonna have to listen to caroles for a month, then yes.

4) Which couple would you rather hang out with -- Fred and Wilma Flintstone or George and Jane Jetson? The Jetsons. While I by far preferred the Flinstones, the future intrigues me more that the past.

5) Have you/would you ever get your teeth whitened? Yes.
6) Do you still have your high school class ring? Yes. (Although my college ring was stolen.)
7) Here's $50. You must spend it all in one place. What are you going to do with it? I’d buy something for my bride.

8) Could your vehicle use a trip to the car wash right about now? Of course.

9) Did you hit the snooze button this morning? Nope. ON most Fridays we report to work as we see fit. If we don’t have a meeting. Today I did all my stuff starting around 11 AM. But snooze alarm? Nope.

We might do this again. Do your best In The Still of the Night...

11 comments:

  1. Now I have Nino Tempo & April Stevens in my head. You're a dj, you know what I mean. "In the still of the night, once again I hold you tight. Though your love lives on when moonlight beams ..." Yes, I'm old. I'm vaguely aware of a far more recent song, actually titled "In the Still of the Night," by Boyz II Men. But you're Bud, Father of Our Meme, and I cannot lie to you. Your response triggered "Deep Purple" on a continuous loop in my head. "In the mist of a memory, you wander on back to me ..." HELP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we are stuck with not only Christmas carols for a month but also strangers wishing you Merry Christmas... Ba Humbug

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your #7 was so sweet, awww! :::MELT:::

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWWWWW.... spend it on your bride! GOOD ANSWER!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh you are such a newlywed :) but it's cute.
    I'm going to sing "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" and imagine Bruce with nothing but a Santa hat on. So take your "In the still of the Night" and stuff it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I start Christmas too early I am bah humbuging a lot by Christmas Eve. Despite Christmas starting in October I ignore it until the middle of December.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOLY MOLY! You confused me. I confuse easily. But I did find you ;) Hope you were sitting down and my post didn't shock the hell out of you. LOL! See we both shocked each other. You with a new blog and me suddenly uhh reappearing.

    It's all good. Hope all is well bro!! Hope you and Kathy are settling nicely into married life. Hugs to you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HA! I found you again :)

    It is still too early for Christmas. Folks should wait until at least December 1st!

    Hope you and Kathy are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm willing to pick out and buy Christmas gifts this early or earlier. I've even got some crafty gifts done and ready. But as for Christmas spirit, mine kicks in about the same time as yours

    ReplyDelete
  10. *Sigh* all those humbugs already! This is the most wonderful time of the year!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Newlyweds and caroles..yikes. Running for cover. Hope you have a great holiday.


    I'm late to the show but here I am.
    http://heartsmakefamilies.com/2012/11/cold-turkey/

    ReplyDelete